Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Shall Have PIE

We went to Achatz Pies yesterday for their "Build-A-Pie" Friday special.  You get to pick 7 individual slices for $15.99 (which is the normal cost of a single flavor whole pie, and WAY less than buying 7 slices individually).  
Clockwise from 12 o'clock: Chocolate, Cookies & Cream, Chocolate/Peanut Butter, Cannoli, Michigan Four Berry, Strawberry-Rhubarb, & Cherry.  

During my long run today I couldn't help but think about a certain Motivational Poster by Mark Remy. And it absolutely DID give me motivation!
True!
I ate the Chocolate/Peanut Butter one last night.  My selection for today was Cookies & Cream.  (I have had that one before, and so far it is THE BEST that I have tried from them).  Most of the fruity selections are Jeff's, except the strawberry-rhubarb, which I picked, and which we are sharing.  (Since 7 slices do not divide evenly between 2 people!).  And I didn't pick the Cannoli one.  Yuck. 

Enough about pie, this is a running blog!

I had planned on doing 10 miles today, but the people I was running with were doing 12, so I decided to do that too, unless I felt like crap.  Which I definitely did not.  We had a group of 5 people (me, 2 girls, 2 guys, 1 dog), who basically stuck together the whole 12, so that was cool.  Overall 12.2 miles, 1:55:21, which is like 9:30 per mile average.  Which is basically identical to my race pace at martian 2 weeks ago, despite the fact that this was a VERY hilly course today (see elevation plot (green line) in the image below).  Definitely a good run today, but again makes me angry about my martian performance.  The Dexter Ann Arbor half marathon is coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully it's not hot and I'll get a shot at redeeming myself.

Splits
Pace & Elevation

We got finisher's certificates today.  The "theme" of the group run was "Kiss and Run" in honor of "Kiss your Mate Day" (??).  I don't know, that's what Coach G said.  The little yellow sticker on my shirt says "kiss me I'm a runner".  I made sure to match today too!  Next week she said the theme is "close encounters of the moon kind" but I won't be there because I'll be in PA running that 5K with my sister and brother and IRINA who is crazy and making the trek from Michigan to PA just to run with us!  
Post-run photo-op.  Complete with white sweat-crustiness on my face.   Mmmm, salty.  
Strange week for running this week.  I ran a total of like 7 miles over the first FOUR days of the week, Sunday through Wednesday, and then like 25 miles over the last THREE days, Thursday through Saturday.  I would have run more on Sunday if it weren't for the "incident" I had, but still, this is what I mean about my work schedule messing up my running schedule.  It's hard to squeeze in hard workouts (intervals, long run, tempo) on those last 3 days in a row.  Damn you, back-to-back 12 hr shifts.  (Starting another stretch of 3 tomorrow, so next week will look much the same.)  Or at least I hope it does. I'm working three 12's in a row and then heading into PA May 2nd-6th so I hope to be able to get a few runs in.  (Another reason I decided to go for a 12 miler today, since I have feeling next week will be a lower mileage week)

Is it time for more pie yet???

3 comments:

  1. It's always time for pie! I'll eat a slice and then you and Jeff don't have to fight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Crazy" is such a relative term...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I totally want to go to that place and get pie now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...