Thursday, April 5, 2012

Shopping Spree


Went on a bit of an online shopping spree for running gear this week.  Jeff and I have been using Gu Chomps as our long run fuel of choice, but I get irritated with them, especially in races, because they make my fingers sticky and they can be tough to chew and swallow while on the run, and I think they kind of upset my stomach (actually just the thought of them right now makes me kind of queasy).  So I decided to try good old fashioned Gu again.  I used to use Gu but kind of found it disgusting.  I read some flavor reviews and tried to imagine all the different ones and figure out which one I'd like best, and settled on Mint Chocolate.  Best. Choice. Ever.  It's very tasty.  I tried it for the first time yesterday before my group run (even though I didn't need it; I just wanted to try it!).  I ended up running 8:52 average for 5 miles at the group run, which is crazy good for me.  I guess I'll stick with the Gu :)  (Yes, I know the Gu had nothing to do with it. )

Next up was stocking up on the only running tank that I've found to date that fits me, the Brooks Distance Singlet.  I already have three (black, navy, and nightlife green), and added a royal blue and an orange.  I had a hard time finding these tops last year so I figured I better buy them while I could.  I pretty much only run in tanks or long-sleeved shirts, rarely tees.  I just find them uncomfortable.
 
Grabbed a couple pairs of compression shorts and a new running skirt too.  (FYI all of the images link to the websites where I bought all this crap if anybody else wants to waste all their money similarly.)



Last but not least, I also got a race number belt, with elastic loops for Gu, plastic hooks for the race bib, and expandable pockets for keys, bandaids, phone, whatever.  I probably won't use it for the half next week since I've haven't been running with it, but maybe for my next one.  Or maybe never.  Sometimes I buy things that look handy and then never use them. 

One can never have too much running gear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...