- Mile 0-1: This is such a nice day. And this is downhill. Yay.
- Mile 1-2: La-la-la. Still downhill. Running with music is fun.
- Mile 2-3: Oh shoot. It's not downhill anymore. System shock.
- Mile 3-4: Man, I'm not even to the 2 mile uphill part yet. This is going to get ugly. Life sucks.
- Mile 4-5: Found a good stride, found some good tunes, kind of zoned out.
- Mile 5-6: La-la-la. Hey wait, haven't I been running uphill for awhile? Why don't I feel like crap? And why am I not doing my uphill snail-shuffle? Oh wow, I'm almost home, I better pick up the pace.
|This was way better than I usually do on that climb at that end!|
Anyway, my MVS today: Rio/Hungry Like the Wolf -- Glee Cast. This was also my MVS from the Martian half but I forgot to mention it I think. I love it! Don't judge. I just listened to it now and now I want to go run again. (The lyrics were also the source of the title of today's post. Maybe I should "straddle the line" between fun-running and performance-improvement running....)
Jeff just emailed me and said he and his coworkers were at lunch and saw me out running. And of course he pointed me out to them. (Jerk.) I had on dark gray/black shorts with white piping and a pink stripes on the sides, a super bright neon yellow t-shirt, a blue bandana on my head, and a blue long-sleeved shirt tied around my waist. So pretty much nothing matched. Also, I was probably running along singing to myself. *Super*. Thanks dear. (I would show you a pic of my rockin' outfit but I didn't know he saw me until after I had already thrown my clothes in the washer and taken a shower).
Other exciting news: 501 has revamped their membership plans and fees, and the upshot is that you can run free with the group on Saturdays now too! Saturdays are long runs, complete with water stops, and they usually have a huge turnout so you can always find somebody your pace. Start at 7 or 8 am (whenever you want to start). Kind of sucks that I already paid $300 for the 2012 year and now all of a sudden it's free though. Oh well. Check out the website, and drop in sometime! http://runningfit501.com/programs.html I'll be there at 8am tomorrow (Ann Arbor Downtown Running Fit), doing 10 miles, maybe more.