I'm still not entirely sure what we "supposed" to do today at our group workout (the email was confusing to me), but here's what I did:
- ~ 1.5 mi "warmup" to the workout location. I say "warmup" because I somehow ended up with one of the super fast boston girls, whose warmup jog was sub 9:00. (Which is super slow for her). Not exactly my easy pace.
- Drills: "20 walking lunges, 20 march-ups, 20 butt-kicks, 20 squats". Would you interpret that as 20 total or 20 each leg? I thought about it like this: 20 squats is obviously working both legs. 20 total marchups and 20 total butt-kicks take like no-time-flat, so that can't be right. 20 walking lunges on each leg sure is hard, but that must be it, because I've established that I'm doing 20 each leg of march-ups and butt-kicks, and the 20 squats works both legs 20 times already. So I did 20 walking lunges PER LEG, 20 march-ups PER LEG, 20 butt-kicks PER LEG, and 20 squats.
- 1 mile run at 20-30 secs faster than HM race pace. I messed this up the first time and shorted it to 0.69 miles. I did it right the next 2 times. 8:31 pace for this one.
- Drills again. Same as the first.
- 1 mile run again. Only this time I actually went a mile. 8:41 pace.
- Drills again. Same as the other two.
- 1 mile run again. 8:35 pace.
- ~1.1 mi cool-down back to the car. ~ 10:30 pace (several long uphills).
- Total running distance was just over 5 miles, not counting all the drills. I think coach wanted us doing like 8 miles, plus drills, but I was like....no.
Stronger, faster: here I come.