Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Short and Sweet

I got my easy 3 miler in today, as I mentioned yesterday that I probably would.  It felt like it was over before I even started.  It was hard to keep it easy.  The weather was amazing (I wore long sleeves!) and I didn't run yesterday so I was pretty well rested.  I kept an eye on my heart rate and made sure it didn't go above 160.  
Heart rate was pretty even, and maintained under 160 except for a few peaks.  The pace variations mirror the elevation profile pretty precisely.  
I really want to be able to run a good workout tomorrow, so that's why I was really forcing the easy-ness today.  Tomorrow I'm *hoping* to run 10 miles with 5 miles fast in the middle.  I haven't decided what "fast" is yet.  I think anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30 min/mile should be fine.  Barring some kind of miracle, I'm probably looking at 9:15-9:30 though.  I'm going to run 2.5 miles by myself, then 5 miles with the running group at the faster pace, and then 2.5 miles by myself again.  If anybody wants to come pace me for the faster part, feel free!  We meet at Parker Mill at 6:15 pm.  I think the people that will be coming will probably still be too fast for me, even at my "tempo" pace.  I'll be aiming for a heart rate > 170 for the fast part tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  This is going to be hard.  I'm fairly prepared to fail.  Hopefully the weather is cool again at least.  

Shit, I just realized I'm 10.7 miles away from 1000 miles in 2012.  I guess I'll have to run 10.7 miles tomorrow.  If I had planned better I would have run 3.7 miles today instead, but I didn't realize it until just now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...