Saturday, January 12, 2013

Another good long run

Running Fit 501 group long run was this morning (as it is every Saturday).  I had a good long run last week because I paired up with somebody new who runs a bit faster than I normally do.  This week was the same story.  I went downtown (equipped with headlamp and reflective vest) and did 3.5 miles before the group run started (group start = 8am), then did the 8.5 mile route with the group, for a total of 12 miles, 1:54:20, 9:32 pace.

This splits are funny to look at.  It's easy to tell where I started running with the group, which miles were uphill, and which miles were downhill:



It makes it look like I should be able to hit sub-2:00 (ideally a PR with 1:58:49, or 9:04 pace) on a half marathon fairly easily this spring, but it's not like this 9:30 pace feels very easy for me on my long runs.  I'm pushing more than usual to hit these paces, so my race day pace won't be much better than this probably.  Who knows though.  I still have lots of training left, and haven't even entered the "speed" phase of my training plan yet, so sub 2:00 could end up being a walk in the park by then.

Really, I'm not too emotionally attached to the goal.  Not like I usually am.  I am just plugging away, sticking to my training schedule.  Running and working out haven't really been on my mind much, which is why I haven't been blogging about it.  That's not to say I haven't been doing it -- I have been exercising 6-7 days a week, including 4 runs, 1-2 spin classes, and 1-2 workout videos.  It's just that it's been kinda habitual, and I haven't been spending much mental energy on it.  This is good, because it's freed me up to think about some other things, which I'll talk about another day.

I'm going to try to post more often, probably with shorter little blurbs like today and yesterday, maybe not all related to running.  I may have to change the name of the blog to "this is how ty runs/works(nursing)/eats/cooks/organizes/gets things done".  I don't think that's too long, do you?

I'll leave you with my best wishes for this time of year:

1 comment:

  1. I wish they did these on Sundays so I could make them. See you at CF half marathon perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...