Monday, May 6, 2013

Bittersweet

I found some more new songs to add to my running playlist, in addition to the ones I talked about before.  I love love love the first one, but it's kind of bittersweet, because it makes me want to run, and I CAN'T.  I'm not doing any more running or biking this week.  Just walking the dogs was hurting today.

Jump on My Shoulders - AWOLNATION.  (love it!)



Demons - Imagine Dragons (slow at times, but the chorus is nice and strong)



Just Give Me a Reason - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (not sure why I like this for running, but I do.  I tend to like Pink as a rule.)


Music suggestions are always welcome!  What are your go-to running songs?

Today I did a pilates class for 50 minutes at the gym, followed by an hour "BOSU Extreme" class.  The BOSU one is a good workout, but I don't really like the class in general.  The music and the instructor kind of irritate me.  Might not go back to that one for a while.


The pilates instructor was really good but it wasn't much of a workout.  A lot more stretching than I'm used to for pilates.  It was a level 1 class though, so next time I'll do level 2 and see if it's better.  Tomorrow is yoga flow class and swimming, if I don't have to go to work at 6:30pm.  I signed up for OT 6:30pm-10:30pm, but I'm hoping they cancel me so I don't have to go in until my normal time of 10:30pm and can go to the gym instead.

Back to counting calories again.  I'm thinking maybe one week on, one week off?  One week of losing, then one week of maintaining?  I don't know.  I'm aiming for 1500 calories plus free fruits and vegetables, though yesterday I went over to 1679, and I'll probably go over today too, since I've already got over 1000 in in one meal and it didn't even seem like that much!  I'm thinking of going for 139 lbs and then rewarding myself with a Garmin 910XT if I make it.  Too bad it will take a while to get there (7-10 lbs).  I want my Garmin now!!

I went back to counting after finishing off more than a dozen chocolate chip cookies (homemade, not little packaged chips ahoy or anything) after work the other day.  I can never keep chocolate chip cookies in the house.

Here's how it goes: I make the cookies, and put them in the freezer.  I do okay for a couple days, eating 2 cookies at a time, 1-3 times per day.  The thing is, even though I'm eating 200-600 calories of cookies each day, I feel deprived, because each time I eat one or two, I really want to eat a lot more.  If I didn't have them in the house and didn't have any to eat at all, I wouldn't feel deprived, because it wouldn't be an option that I was actively avoiding.  Anyway, after a few days of "moderation" that feels like dieting, even though it's actually extra junk compared to "normal", I give up and go crazy and eat as many cookies as I want.  Which is usually just finishing whatever is left.  I won't make any for a while, because I've "learned my lesson", but then in a few months I'll think "I can handle it this time" and I'll do it again, thinking I can ignore them in the freezer and fail again.  Hopefully I'll remember this post and not make them at all.  Or make them and take the leftovers to work or give them in the way.  Things I can't have in the house: chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, Nutella.  Ice cream I can have.  It's easy for me to have 1/2 cup serving of ice cream and not feel like I want more.  Basic candy is okay too, like hershey bars or plain chocolates.  Take 5's, kit kats, peanut butter cups and that sort of thing are not okay.  Enough about that.

Here are the pics from walking the heathens in the nice weather today.  It's not running, but it was fun.  Except for the fact that we had to cut it short because of my stupid right leg hurting on a gentle WALK.  Arrgh.


This is a better post than yesterday's, right? I have pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Hope your leg starts feeling better soon! Like the song suggestions. I'm always looking for new stuff to put on my iPod. I'm a big dubstep fan when it come to running music, but I like to mix it up with sing along tunes also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song "You're going down" by the sick puppies. And I may have mentioned this one, but "Greased Lightening" is a great pick-me-up. Yes, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to leave a really long comment about how awesome the heathens must be, but now I think I need to cut my comment short so that I can go start a random adult video chat. I love dirty spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that song by imagine dragons, had never heard it before.

    To me, that pink song can be hit or miss.

    Girl I feel ya on not bringing things into the house, then when you do you think you can only eat X amount and then I eat XX amount. Ridiculous! Now I have to decide whether or not to buy cocoa powder. I had been making micowave brownie in a cup 2 or 3 times a week...at best. But then I ran out of cooca powder, so I can't make them. Decisions, decisions...






















































    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...