Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Priceless

  • Copays at doctor's visits (3 and counting): $20 x3 = $60
  • Copays at physical therapy (7 and counting) = $140
  • Races I paid for and couldn't run = $190 and counting
  • PT equipment to use at home = $50
Still not being able to run?  Priceless.  Unbefuckinglievable.  

I'll write more about my ortho appointment yesterday when I'm not so sleepy and have more time.

---------------------

On the bright side, swimming is going swimmingly.

After swimming 1950 yards continuous steady freestyle yesterday, I decided to do a "workout" today.  I opted for a "ladder" workout, which is my favorite.  In the table below, the details are as follows:
  • Interval 1: Freestyle 500 yd continuous warm-up
  • Interval 2: Freestyle 5 x 100 yd with 20 sec rests.  (Rests not counted in times in table)
  • Interval 3: Freestyle 5 x 75 yd with 15 sec rests. 
  • Interval 4: Freestyle 5 x 50 yd with 10 sec rests
  • Interval 5: Freestyle 5 x 25 yd with 5 sec rests
  • Interval 6: Backstroke 5 x 50 yd cool-down. 
(Paces listed are in minutes per 100 yds)  I'm happy that I actually managed to increase my paces as the repeat distances got shorter.    It wasn't that easy since the rest periods also got shorter!  5 seconds rest is basically just enough time to stop/start your watch and glance at the wall clock! 
Apparently Garmin Connect has this cool widget thing I can embed in blogger.  The link to "view details" works if you want to see what kind of swim data I get from my 910 xt.  I do have some peeves about the lack of functionality in a few areas, but I'll go into that another day.  


I remember when not long ago just rotary breathing for a single length of the pool was hard.....and when I was exhausted just trying to do 400 m continuously.  Being a n00b sure does make for fast improvements! 

2 comments:

  1. You're starting to sound like the intro to Born to Run. It's clearly time to start running barefoot, Ty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you. You are already swimming faster than me. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...