Monday, October 21, 2013

Chaos...

I don't know know what to do.  My schedule is all messed up and I don't have a plan and I'm stressing out trying to figure out what to do, and when.  So I'm going to type it out here and hopefully it will all become clear....

Here's the issue.  I'm going out of town to PA again this weekend, leaving Friday right after work and returning Sunday.  I am okay with missing my Saturday long run (it's hard to find safe routes to run out there, it's all windy country roads with no shoulder), because I'm due for a cut-back week anyway.  I was thinking I'd do an 8 miler sometime during the week to make up for it.  Really, I should do it on Thursday, since I will definitely not be doing anything on Friday, and probably nothing on Saturday either.  But I wanted to go to the group run Wednesday to get in a faster paced/harder workout.  I'm definitely not doing back-to-backs, so I'll have to choose between the two.  Today is Monday and normally I would rest or do pilates but I kind of feel like I should do something else since I'll be taking it easy the rest of the week.  (Important note: I don't feel like doing anything and have already missed pilates).  I think I will be able to run Sunday, if I leave early enough to get to Cleveland at a reasonable hour so I can stop in and run with Michelle.  I would like to run three days a week. I guess if I count Sunday as the last day of the week and do Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, that could work.  Okay, I'm making progress.

Mon: nothing, it's getting late, and I still have to do some studying for the surgery I'm in tomorrow.
Tues: Run + swim lesson (the last one! Yay!)
Wed: Bike + weights
Thu: longish run (6-8 miles) + optional pilates
Fri: Rest/driving
Sat: Rest? Workout video?
Sun: Run with Michelle in Cleveland vs. Rest.

I guess that works.  That wasn't nearly as complicated as I was making it.  Blogging solves problems.  Actually it's probably just writing/journalling/documenting that does, but you're lucky because I'm making my thought processes public!!!

Next problem.  In-laws.  I'm leaving Friday at 3pm and Jeff doesn't return from Thailand until Saturday at 3pm so we had a dog problem that was solved by my in-laws staying at our house Friday night to dog sit.  Ugh.  Did you hear that?  My mother-in-law is staying in my house UNSUPERVISED for 24 hours.  I have a lot of cleaning to do between now and then.  I feel like she is going to go through all my cabinets and drawers and everything. And inspect under the couch.  I'm probably overreacting, but it is stressful.  Plus of course I have to pack for my trip.  All of these things have to be done by 9pm (bedtime) Thursday night, since I'm leaving right after work Friday.  But they can't be done too soon.  I have 4 animals.  If I clean the house tonight, it will be covered in dog hair and pawprints by Wednesday.  Okay, this problem is solved too.  I'll prepare the guest bedroom for them, and clean that room, the office and the half bathroom tonight, and keep the doors shut so nobody can go in there.  Then do the rest of the house later in the week.

New problem.  As I was writing this, I noticed that one of my dogs is injured and not using her back right leg at all.  That's new since I got home at 3:30 pm. I guess I have to add in a vet appointment this week.  I'll wait and see how she does tomorrow.  Ugh.  Eh, she'll be fine.

Mon: Clean one bathroom, office, guest bedroom, do litter boxes, study for work
Tue: Clean/organize
Wed: Pack!
Thu: Clean the rest of the house
Fri/Sat/Sun: See above.

Well that's not bad at all.  Certainly not worth the anxiety and four Subway cookies.  I'm starting to see why everybody says I "overthink" things.  I hope it's a good week at work.  All my plans could go to shit if I come home exhausted and distraught.  Eh, who am I kidding.  They're going to shit anyway.


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. It will all work out. Oh, and I am totally stealing your to do list. That is how every day is starting to feel to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope you survived the in laws staying at your house! I would be nervous too. Like don't rearrange my tupperware drawer! haha that is something my family would do. "well it didn't make sense where you had it" yeah, it did...now I can't find it!

    Hope your doggie is okay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...