Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wall O' Bling

I had a solid workout today.  Intervals on the indoor track followed by some strength training.  Splits for my workout are below.  I once again failed to look at my target pace (probably subconsciously intentional) before starting the workout.  Turns out it was 7:35-7:40 for 800m repeats, and I didn't quite hit that, but I'm fine with it.  I'm not actually planning on trying to run the marathon as fast I as I "should" be able to if I followed the plan as designed (which is based off my 10K race pace), so it doesn't matter so much.
Interval 1= warmup; intervals 2, 4, 6, 8 = 800 meter repeats (7:48, 7:40, 7:42, 7:58); intervals 3, 5, 7, 9 = 1:30 recovery jogs;  interval 10 = cooldown.  
The same annoying girl from last week was there again, but somebody must've elbowed her or something (it wasn't me!!) because she ended up moving downstairs to the treadmill.  Yay.  :)

After my run I went down to the floor to do this strength routine.  It was fun.  My favorite part was the upright row because I got to go over and lift with the boys.  Feels way more badass over there.  I wanted to do my deadlifts over there too but I was a little intimidated so I did them on the freemotion cable lift machine instead.  The real issue is that I don't really know how to do a deadlift.  I'm not convinced that my deadlifts today were consistently differentiable from a squat.  I'll look into it before I do that workout again.

I was totally red-faced and soaked in sweat after my workout today, but too hungry to waste time showering at the gym, and too sweaty to warrant putting on my street clothes just to drive home.  So I left the gym like this:

I should totally turn this into a fashion blog, right??
I realized today that I never shared my new medal display on my blog!!  I put it on Twitter and Facebook but never here.  Shame on me.  Prepare to be amazed:  

Sorting medals in preparation
Empty racks.  Thanks for the help hanging these Jeff!!! 

The finished product.  Ooooooh.  :)

If anybody is really bored, you can check out a tour of my entire bachelor(ette) (errr....divorcee?) pad, including a beautifully narrated video tour.   (For those of you who may have already received a video tour, this one is new and improved!)

Finally, here is a picture that I just got access to today.  Group run photos always make me happy.  :)  

Photo from the 501 group run January 18th.  Do you see me?  I love group runs!!  

2 comments:

  1. The video isn't working for me. I love the wall of bling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link should take you to a Google + album, and the first "photo" in that album should be a video. What do you see when you click the link? Do you get to the album and just the video doesn't work (but you can see the pictures), or do you not even get to the album? I checked the link and the album settings and it seems to be okay.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...