Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring has Sprung....maybe?

I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants workout-wise right now.   I'm making my workout plans just 1 day to 1 week in advance, which feels weird but is working okay.  This week is shaping up to be a great workout week.  Sunday I went climbing at Planet Rock with my friend J from work, and I think I got a little better at it than I was last time.  At least at the bouldering part.  My deltoids were really sore Monday!

It was low 50's Monday so I actually got to run in shorts and a tank top!  I was pretty psyched, thinking we were done with the winter BS finally.  I ran a kind of mashup workout of 1 mi warmup, 6x800 m hard (either uphill or fast, depending on where I was) with 1:30 recovery intervals, then a 1 mi cooldown.   It made for a really hideous pace/elevation plot.  I swear there was a method to my madness.  (Monday's run was followed by a core workout, but strength routines are boring to talk about).



Tuesday was a rest day, and I'm thankful for that, because I woke up to this Tuesday morning:


My car was totally covered in snow!  This just 14 hours after I had run in shorts and a tank the day before.  Sheesh.  WTF spring?

Not to worry though, Wednesday was a 6 mile tempo run with sunny skies and zero snow and perfect temps (40 ish).  I even met some furry friends at the end of my route!  (And a human one for a couple blocks in the middle.  Fun!)  (Followed by hip strength.  Again, that part is boring).


Tomorrow (Thursday), I have an evaluation with PowerCycling, which I'm pretty psyched about.  Biking isn't really my strong suit, and Power Cycling has a great reputation for turning out strong cyclists.  I bought a groupon for ten 30 minute rides with power analysis and coaching and all that jazz.  Good timing, because bike season is upon us.  I'm probably changing my trainer tire out for a road tire and getting my first outdoor ride in on Sunday!

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...