Monday, September 29, 2014

Catch Up Post. Bulletinated. (Quick & Dirty Series, #1)


  • Yes, I know I just invented the word "bulletinated".  I like it.
  • I REGISTERED FOR AN IRONMAN
    • Ironman Maryland.  All 140.6 miles of it. October 2015.  Be there or be square.  
    • (In the picture to the right, apparently substituting the shark fin for a jellyfish is actually a pretty valid concern). 
    • I have been upping my swimming and running game pretty well, but cycling is still my achilles heel.  My goal is to get comfortable on the bike this winter, and learn about maintenance and such.  Pics below are from Common Cycle's Mobile Repair stand which I volunteered at this past Sunday.  I learned a ton and definitely want to make volunteering there a regular thing! 


  • I have a marathon coming up. 
    • I don't think I every officially announced that I registered for the Harrisburg Marathon.  It's November 9th.
    • I'm going sub 4 hours and it's going to be a breeze.  Seriously.  Maybe even sub 9:00 min/mile pace.  
    • My friend Lina is pacing 4:15 there, Michelle is running the half, and my boyfriend is running his first ever marathon.  It's going to be awesome. 
Random photo for you.  (Taken in the middle of a 40 mile bike ride, during which we stopped at a cider mill.  To ride an inanimate cow-bench.) 
  • I have a half marathon coming up. 
    • Heroes on Hines is this Saturday.  Gonna give it my all, but not tapering or resting for it, so we'll see what happens.  Wouldn't mind going under 1:50.  (Current PR is 1:53:something, from May). 
  • I still owe you a bunch of race recaps. 
    • Third Coast Relay.
    • Lifewalk 10K. 
    • Swampfoot 4 miler.
    • Great Lakes Relay. 
    • Woodstock
    • Dances with Dirt Relay.
    • (No promises that they'll ever get written. )
  • I wrecked my bike like a month ago.  It rather sucked. 
Not to worry.  All healed up now.  No major damage to me or the bike, other than destroying my aero bars. 


There, now you're all caught up!  It's like I was never gone.  All is right with the world.  



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a busy woman! Glad you are having so much fun! Love that the marathon is going to be a breeze, just shows how dedicated you are to training.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...